Saturday 30 October 2010

Amazing Who You Meet 2

On holiday in Southport in the north of England in July, I discovered that the pop group Same Difference were doing a performance locally on a Saturday night. They are made up of brother and sister duo Sean and Sarah Smith. They were finalists in the 2007 edition of Simon Cowell's annual Christmas holiday fundraiser, "The X Factor." To jog your memory, it was the year Scotsman Leon Jackson won. Remember him?

I quite enjoyed their performances on the show and, dare I say it, voted for them in the final. When I heard they were doing a wee tour of seaside towns in England, I decided to see them.

A lot of the surrounding entourage was concerned with promoting their single "Shine On Forever" which was due out in August. It made the UK Top 100...peaking at number 100! It makes their pleas to pre-order the single to help them to number 1 look very optimistic.
Above: Same Difference performing in Southport, July 2010.

While not flying high in the charts, they are making a decent living for themselves and seem to enjoy what they're doing. After an enjoyable enough show, I paid my £6 and queued up for a photograph with them. Both put a lot of effort into their performances and seemed like genuinely nice people in the short spell I had to speak with them. I wished them well and still do.

Above: a outfit change and increase in tempo.
Above: meeting them afterwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment