Wednesday 29 April 2015

Amazing Who You Meet 10

Minutes after chewing the fat with my new buddy Gus (see "Amazing Who You Meet 9"), I met someone else in Hampden's Millenium Lounge worthy of mention. In the summer of 2014, in rebuilding the Queen's Park first team, we signed a number of players from the junior ranks. The name Paul Woods was immediately familiar to me.
Why was it so? Not only is Paul a fellow East Kilbride resident, we also attended both the same primary and secondary schools in the town, St Vincent's Primary (still open but with a new building) and St Andrew's High (sadly now pulled down and merged into a new school). He was a few years below me but I still remembered him when I saw him in a Queen's shirt. He's improved immensely over the season and has been deservedly named our Away Player of the Year (voted for on the supporters bus after every away game) and Supporters Association Player of the Year. I've become friendly with his parents who attend every game he plays in. When I reintroduced myself (thankfully he recognised me) and requested a photo, he happily obliged.


Above left: Queen's Park Supporters Association Player of the Year for 2014/15, Paul Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment