Monday 16 February 2015

Annan for the Footie, 14th February 2015

My only love this Valentines Day was for my football team as I ventured south to the small borders town of Annan to see Queen's Park. My intention was to produce a match report provided we avoided defeat but sadly we failed in that respect, losing 2-0 to 2 sloppy goals in the second half. An opportunity missed since even a draw would have put us top of the table. I couldn't even soothe the pain with a pint since I was finishing a course of antibiotics having been bitten by a border collie on a recent training run.
 
Nevertheless, I thoroughly recommend a visit to Annan for the pubs if nothing else. If you don't go anywhere else, visit the Shed. Judging by this bustling Saturday afternoon scene on the High Street, the boozers are where most of the locals can be found.
 
 
 
 
The town's 2 screen cinema was also showing the new film Fifty Shades of Grey. This is a family blog so I'll leave it there on that subject....


No comments:

Post a Comment