Friday 6 July 2012

Hugh Wilson Memorial Road Race, 16th June 2012

I write 2 days after my return from holiday. I wrote an article about this race before going away and saved it in draft. However, after coming back and reading it again, I didn't like it so have scrubbed it. There's very little to report other than the fact the rain was torrential from start to finish, Cambuslang Harriers made up almost one fifth of the field (5 runners out of a depressingly low field of 23) and my mood matched the weather due to various worrying work issues at the time. I won the race in a time of 25:51 but found it a long, lonely slog from start to finish. In particular, finishing running 2 laps of an empty track as hard as I could on my own verged on the surreal. Such were my worries I did not compete in Giffnock North's 10k at Rouken Glen the following Thursday despite pre-entering.

Some time away has helped me relax, reflect and consolidate. I've set some short, medium and long term targets. Now is the time to go for them.
Cambuslang Results in the Hugh Wilson Memorial
1st: Stuart Gibson, 25:51
2nd: Greg Hastie, 28:48
3rd: Dave Thom, 29:02
12th: Eddie Carr, 34:51
18th: Kirsty Grant, 38:25

No comments:

Post a Comment